- OSHEC will review, modify and develop State Higher Education policy and roadmap periodically.
- In consultation with universities and other state HEIs formulate, OSHEC will periodically revise and implement globally relevant syllabi at UG and PG levels. Reforms in examination, regulation with respect to life cycle, pedagogy to suit new wave of change in higher education would be adopted regularly.
- OSHEC will plan and develop Schemes for availability of learning tools at all HEIs (eg. Laboratory equipment, Library, Entrepreneurship cum innovation centres, sports facilities, digital books, journal and magazines etc.). It will also develop and implement modules for soft skill for under privileged students.
- OSHEC will develop and implement schemes for inculcation of Research and innovation culture at HEIs. (includes incentivisation, resource availability, focussed theme meetings, Short term Research chairs and centres of excellence, engaging Mentors and monitoring, organising international research and exposure visits).
- OSHEC will develop schemes and guidelines for faculty training in specificdomain areas as well as leadership and perspective development among university and college teachers.
- OSHEC will design a plan and implement it for facilitating NAAC and other international accreditation for HEIs across the state.
- OSHEC will design a project for implementing on a O & M basis a common ERP solution for e-governance, digitising student life cycle, faculty and staff life cycle, and campus functions to transform all HEIs to digital Campus on a sustaining basis.
- OSHEC will develop implementable schemes for industry academia knowledge partnership as well as university community linkage schemes at HEIs.
- It will actively develop teaching and learning material both in print and digital model for UG and PG course in multilingual pattern by eminent teachers for all subjects and competency courses. These will be supplied to all HEIs for facilitating teaching learning process.
- OSHEC will advise on academic matters related to RUSA, OHEPEE and other state and central government schemes being implemented in HEIs across the state. It will also monitor the physical progress of the scheme at the HEI and implement corrective measures.
In all these interventions, Equity and excellence would be the main thrust points at all times.